| Meaning of the name|
of the government
|Power rests with a small number of people|
|Type of Government:|
|Research: Government Formation ( Science )|
- Game note:
- Oligarchy as a form of government is especially well suited for trade-orientated island kingdoms.
1. +5 Range of trading posts.
2. +10% increased speed for your trade ships.
4. +2 trade ships.
1. +20% increased build time for all buildings.
- This corruption will be in your Capital as well as in your colonies, but can be removed if your Palace/Governor's Residences are one (1) level higher than what is normally required for that town, unless you have twelve (12) towns then you are stuck with the +3% corruption.
- Game note:
- Xenocracy means that you only achieve half of the advantages of your actual form of government. The same goes for the disadvantage effects of your form of government.
- As soon as your capital has been liberated, you will have the full effects of the advantages and disadvantages of your form of government again. This will happen without a revolution or costs.
- Xenocracy does NOT affect Anarchy, you will continue to have its full effects, if your capital becomes occupied while you are under Anarchy.
- WikIkariam note:
- Xenocracy only occurs when your Capital has become occupied by another player and does not change your current government but just halves (½) the advantages and disadvantages of the current government.
Advantages because of Xenocracy
- +2.5 Range of trading posts.
- +5% increased speed for your trade ships.
- -1% less upkeep for war ships.
- +1 trade ship.
Disadvantages because of Xenocracy
Other Optional governments